Due to how I have taken this sprint, making it a learning and retraining sprint, I have cut back dramatically on the content of the posts. I will perform a weekly posting of what has occurred during the sprint. This may be split into mid-week and end of week postings as planned last week. For this week, I have decided to forgo the bi-weekly reviews and go with a mid to end of week review and update.
As far as progress with the project, the main purpose of this dev cycle, very little is new. I have implemented an addition to the project, a new chart based on the information gained from the Udemy course that I have signed up for. I like how he has split the features and component plans down, and this is reflective of what was asked by a potential client recently. I am a very visual thinker, so these charts and images really assists me in the understanding of and break down of the project at hand. As I finalize the documentation throughout the sprints, I will update that information within these postings. I will also be working on the documentation website based from these postings.
As seen within the above image, I have broken down the application components and models based off the features that I am going to implement in the first iteration of the application. At the end of Sprint 3 these features would be working, from back-end to front-end. This is just the front-end Angular application breakdown represented in a format that I understand it to be.
I started with the features of the application. The overall Application Login and the EVE SSO Login. This is separated due to the nature of the game EVE Online. One physical individual typically has more than one eve online characters, and with how the laws and regulations of EU customer identity protection is implemented by CCP, the characters will be identified as separate entities, even separate from the login of the account that they reside on. Each account is limited to 3 characters, but CCP recognizes that each individual can have multiple accounts. So there is a need to separate these two login schemes, and then tie them together within the application itself. I do plan on implementing a scheme that will prevent me, as the developer and database manager, to not identify individual data to individual accounts, but this is not planned yet. The characters in question are called Capsuleers, so this is the term used within the application logic. Mail functionality is the initial focus of the application, thus the mail features are what remains. This will be expanded, but not within Sprint 3.
Next I focused on the components, as understood by an Angular application context. We have the root component, which is simply the application entery point. The header will stretch across all other components, but seperate from the root. Each feature will have a component dedicated to its functionalities, with each list consisting of two different components. One to repersent a summary of each item within the list, and the other to contain all summaries into one view for the user.
Lastly I looked at how the data is modeled. I realized that there will be sharing of models between features, so there will be fewer models than features. This will also allow me to better structure the directory tree within the application. This would be better demonstrated as I start to implement these ideas, after any additional changes required during the first week of Sprint 3.
As far as the training is going, I have realized that I am flowing through the work quicker than anticipated. I may end up completing the course within week 4 of this sprint, instead of stretching to week 5. I look forward to completing this training sprint and working on the next phase of the project.
Next posting will be next week.